Half Day Tour on the Island
Last Update: June 29, 2004
- Departure from Hotel Mar Azul at 7:00.
- Visit at El Junco, La Galapaguera de Cerro Colorado, and El Mirador de Cerro Colorado.
- El Junco is a mountain that has a crater on the top.
Climbing is not difficult and you can walk around the crater in less than 30 minutes.
It is covered by a large lake filled with fresh water.
It is unique in that it is the only one in Galapagos that is maintained by rainfall for whole season without drying up.
- La Galapaguera de Cerro Colorado is a new facility operated by Parque Nacional Galapagos to reserve the subspecies of giant turtles of San Cristobal (Geochelone chathamensis) in a semi-natural environment.
About 30 turtles are being raised.
You can have a close look at them during your walk along the path (but you cannot touch them).
There is a visitor center that displays information on giant turtles in Galapagos.
- El Mirador is a scenic spot where you can have a nice view on the east coast of San Cristobal Island together with the whole view of La Galapaguera.
- Transportation will be either by chartered taxis or a bus depending on the number of participants.
- Four people can ride on a taxi which will cost $40.
- Maximum 30 people can ride on a bus which will cost $95.
- Return to the town is scheduled at around noon.
Current Vote: Rosenlof, Tsushima, Fujiwara, Oltmans, Fortuin
Course B /
Back to the Front Page